Swimming pools are prominent features in the UAE’s landscape
The most expensive landscaping element per square meter, swimming pools have become works of art, with technologically advanced features such as improved pumps, fountains, jets, LED lighting, filtration systems, covers and automatic cleaning systems with Chlorine free units and heat and chill pumps.
Pool Dominates the Landscape as it is the biggest feature. There are many types of pools :
- Skimmer pool : Water level is 15 cms below ground level and it is the cheapest type of pool . It can be made beautifully and can look very simple and nice with water skimming below the edge.
- Overflow Pool : Water level is the same level as ground level. It makes a beautiful look in the landscape and is medium range price.
- Infinity Pool : The most exotic pool and expensive pool, mainly used to show water disappearing into a lake or water. It can make a beautiful water feature when showing the water falling from the higher edges and is visible from the house.
- Lap pools : Mainly used by swimming Enthusiasts to exercise regularly and swim laps. Fixing a Wave machine to build resistance is also possible.
- Splash pools and Jacuzzi : It is a Fun pool and is small and just meant for fun and not swimming as the size is small. It is just a relaxing place and could include a water feature.
Pools no longer stand separated from the rest of the landscape and can bind and become the focus of it.
We are now able to ensure that the pool is as flexible as the landscape by incorporating more than one element whether it be to provide an ability to lap, enjoy a jacuzzi, fountains, jets, kids play, shade, pool bar, wet lounge, planting, or architectural walls.
Many pools now use all three types of edge treatments utilizing them in the best way to achieve the maximum functionality as we explore how to incorporate more levels and different layouts.